Himalayas is the best free one page responsive WordPress theme which is very easy to use and made to provide different features related to business, portfolio, corporate, agency etc. It is a clean and flexible WordPress theme created on a single page, which would work perfectly for any kind of business.
Free Himalayas WordPress theme provides some of the major features are mentioned below:
- You can install this theme with a single click.
- It has powerful framework options.
- It contains 5 home pages.
- It is fully responsive.
- It has a backup option.
- It is compatible with the child theme.
To install this theme on your PC, you have to go through the following few steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to download the zip file for Himalayas theme, i.e himalayaspro.zip and save it.
- Then go to Appearance>Themes present in the WordPress dashboard.
- Then click on the Add New option and search for the Himalayas.
- Select the Himalayas
- Click on Install now option.
If you want to upload theme-pro, then you have to go through the following steps:
- Go to Appearance > Themes in the WordPress Dashboard.
- Click on the Add New
- Search for the Upload link.
- Select the Himalayas-pro.zip and click on Install
You have to follow a simple process for theme activation:
Go to Appearance>Themes in the WordPress dashboard and click on Activate option.
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress menu.
- Click on Create a new menu link.
- Give a name to your menu in Menu Name and click Create Menu
- Now choose the Custom links, enter the URL and Link Text and click on Add Menu.
- Check Primary Menu to display it in the header.
- Click Save Menu after adding required custom links.
- Enable the slider from Appearance>Customize>Himalayas slider options>slider settings.
- Then create the page for each slider individually and enter title, text and featured image so that page title will appear as slider title, content as slider description and featured image as slider image.
- Choose the pages in drop down options.
- The size of the slider image is 1600*780 (recommended).
Himalayas header options:
Upload the logo to display it in the header.
- Header logo only displays the header logo only.
- Header text-only displays the header text only.
- Show both header logo and text displays both of the logo image and header text.
- Disable disables both of them to be displayed.
Front page setup:
- Create 2 pages, i.e, Home and Blog Page. Assign Home to Himalayas Startpage Template.
- Go to Appearance> Widgets and drag/select the widgets on the Front Page Template Sidebar. Now, Home Page will display all the widgets used in FrontPage Template sidebar.
- To display Home Page as front page: go to Settings>Reading and select A static page radio option under Front page displays.
- Choose the Home Page on the Front page.
- Also, choose Blog page on the Posts page.
- The home page and blog page will not display the content of the page.
How to limit the excerpt text?
- Go to service widget page or post in your dashboard.
- You can see the excerpt box below the page editor.
- If you don’t see, then scroll to the top and you can see the screen options on the right-hand side corner.
- Click on it and check the Excerpt box. After that, you will find the excerpt box below the editor.
- Just fill the box with your desired amount of text you want to show.
How to setup blog page?
- First, go to Settings>Reading>Front Page displays>A static page.
- Now from Posts page: dropdown select any page where you like to show blog post.
- Click on Save Changes.
- Now, go to Appearance>Menu and select the blog page you choose in step 2 as the menu.
Footer part displays the widgets used in Footer sidebar.
- Go to Appearance>Widgets and drag/select the widgets in the Footer sidebar 1 to Footer sidebar 4.
- To display the footer menu, create a menu and assign it to Footer menu.