FoodHunt is a modern design multipurpose free WordPress theme, which is used to create restaurant websites for café, bars and other restaurant businesses. Because of its super flexibility and easiness, this FoodHunt theme is also used to create any other sites. This WordPress theme attracts food lovers to your restaurant.
FoodHunt WordPress theme attracts its valuable customers by offering some highly impressive features mentioned below:
- It is compatible with RestaurantPress.
- It offers responsive design.
- It contains featured image slider.
- FoodHunt theme contains primary colour option and multiple colour option.
- It has parallax background effect.
- It provides About Us section on the homepage.
For installation and activation of the theme, you have to first download the theme in zip format and save it on your PC.
Upload the theme:
- Go to Appearance>Themes present in the WordPress dashboard.
- Then click on Add New
- Click on the Upload link.
- Select the zip file that downloaded before.
- Then click on Install Now.
Activate the theme:
Go to Appearance>Themes in the WordPress dashboard and click on Activate option.
Set up custom menu:
- Go to Appearance > Menus in the WordPress menu.
- Click on Create a new menu link.
- Now add the menu item, you can choose Pages, Custom links, Category etc.
- Then, Check the required Theme Location.
- Click on Save Menu after adding required custom links in the menu.
- Enable the slider from Appearance>Customize>Slider Options> Slider Settings.
- Create the page for each slider and enter title, text and featured image. Page Title will appear as Slider Title, content as Slider Description and featured image as Slider Image.
- Choose the respective pages in drop down options.
- The recommended size of the slider image is 1900 x 1000 pixels.
Go to Appearance>Customize>Site identity>Logo present in WordPress menu.
- Then upload the custom logo from the Select logo.
- To show the logo follow the instruction in Header Settings>Header logo.
- Make header sticky/non-sticky by checking the checkbox, by default it is sticky.
- Upload the logo from site identity section to display in the Header.
- Make header search icon enable/disable by checking the checkbox. By default header search icon is enabled.
Front page setup:
- Create two pages as the Home page and Blog page and Assign Home to Restaurant Template.
- Go to Appearance>Widgets and drag/select the widgets on the Front Page Template Sidebar. Now, Home Page will display all the widgets used in FrontPage Template Sidebar.
- To display Home Page as the front page, go to Settings>Reading and select A static page radio option under Front page displays.
- Then, choose the Home Page on the Front page and choose Blog page on Posts page.
- FoodHunt provides basic widgets that you can find in front page template sidebar to make your site very attractive.
- Go to Appearance>Widgets, drag or select the widgets in the front page template sidebar to display on the front page of the theme.
Setting up Footer section:
- Go to Appearance>Widgets and drag/select the widgets in the Footer Sidebar 1 to Footer Sidebar 4.
- To display the footer menu, create a menu and assign it to Footer menu. Please refer Menu Setup section to know how to create a menu.
This FoodHunt WordPress theme supports some plugins like,
- Restaurant plugin.
- Contact form 7 plugin.
- WP-PageNavi plugin.
- WooCommerce plugin.
Recommended Image Size:
- Image size for slider – 1400*710 (recommended).
- Image size for service image – 340*340 (recommended).
- Image size for Team image – 380*380 (recommended).
- Image size for special recipe – 410*340 (recommended).
- Minimum image size for Gallery – 340*340
- Image size for the testimonial – 125*125 (recommended).
- Image size for Event image – 360*260 (recommended).
- Image size for Featured Post – 870*480 (recommended).