FlyMag is a Modern and beautiful theme having a clean and a friendly design. The Theme allows you to post any kind of videos to your Websites. FlyMag is coming with various post formats including image slider, gallery-like posts, and Photography. FlyMag also contains a responsive design with a variety of custom widgets.
FlyMag Theme contains a lot of features. But some of the important features are:
- It has Custom Background, colors, and menus
- It supports featured images and slider
- It contains sticky posts
- It is translation ready
- It is mobile friendly
- Great documentation is available within it
- It has support for custom CSS design
- It is cross-browser optimized
- It supports a variety of custom Widgets
- It supports photography and Multimedia stuff
- It is SEO friendly
FlyMag is a Responsive Multipurpose WordPress Theme used basically in Magazine. In this section, you will find resources on how to setup this theme.
The installation of this theme is very easy. After downloading you should have a compressed zip file of FlyMag theme which contains all the required templates and images.
Upload the theme:
- First of all, Go to Appearance> Themes in WordPress dashboard
- Then click on the Add New button
- Then search for the FlyMag
- Then select the FlyMag Theme
- Finally, click Install Now
Activate the Theme:
- For Activation of this Theme, First, go to Appearance> Themes in the WordPress dashboard
- Then hover over the Theme thumbnail and click the Active button.
- Logo style – This option lets you select the manner in which the logo and the site title and description will be displayed.
- Only logo – Only show the uploaded logo.
- Logo plus site title & description – Show the logo, site title, and also the site description.
- Padding – Select the top and bottom padding for the logo.
- Latest news ribbon – Checking this box displays a ribbon at the top of your website which displays articles from your website.
- Select which category to show in the slider – From this drop down option, you could decide from which category of posts you would like the ribbon to show.
- Enter the number of posts you want to show – Select the number of posts to cycle through.
- Carousel – From this section, you could select where the carousel appears, which category of posts the carousel shows, the number of posts to pull from that specific category, as well as the speed at which the carousel moves.
- Blog layout – This option lets you select the structure of the website’s blog page.
- Excerpt Length – This option lets you specify the length of the post summary to show on the page.
- From this option, you could also select to hide the post date and post category of your blog posts.
- Single blog posts – From this section, you could change the appearance of your single blog articles.
- Fonts – Use this section to add Google fonts to the theme for body text
- Font name/style/sets – Add the Google font along with it’s variant to this section example: Roboto:400.
- Font family – Add the font family for the font. Google fonts should be enclosed in single quotes example: ‘Roboto’.
- Heading fonts – Use this section to add Google fonts to the theme for heading text.
- Font name/style/sets – Add the Google font along with it’s variant to this section example: Oswald: 400.
- Font family – Add the font family for the font. Google fonts should be enclosed in single quotes example: ‘Oswald.
- Font Sizes – Use these options to set the size for the site title and description as well as override the sizes of the default heading tags and body font size and menu font size.
- Site Identity – Use this section to edit your site title and description, decide if to display them as well as add an optional favicon to your website.
- Colors – Use this section to edit the different colors on your website. This section gives you full control over the color scheme of your website.
- Current Header – This is the current header image for your website.
If adding your own images to the header area, then you could choose to randomize them. This will cause a random image from the previously uploaded list to appear as the header image of any page being viewed by the visitor.
- Background Image – Select an image to act as the website’s background.
When an image has selected a list of background positioning and formatting options are displayed namely:
- Background Repeat (no repeat, tile, tile horizontal, tile vertical)
- Background Position (left, center, right)
- Background Attachment (scroll, fixed)
- Menus – Flymag supports two menus, a Primary Menu and a Social menu where you may add social media icons.
- Widgets– Flymag supports widgets in the Sidebar and footer.
Flymag also supports widgets on the homepage, the homepage widget options only appear while viewing a page which has been assigned to the template “Font Page”.
- Flymag Widgets – Flymag comes with some custom widgets which when used on the homepage widget area makes the theme look like the demo.
Static Front Page
- Front Page – Flymag supports both the latest posts front page as well as a static page which you could create in Dashboard -> Pages.
Flymag needs to be assigned a static front page with the template of “Front page” to make it look like the site demo.