Accelerate is a clean and free multipurpose responsive WordPress theme made for simplicity and easy to use. This theme always focuses a premium look to make your site extend an effective one. Basically, Accelerate theme is used for varieties of purposes like business, blog, travel, corporate etc. With the help of this free WordPress theme, you can create an important content and unique site for your blog.
Free Accelerate WordPress theme provides some of the important features mentioned below:
- This theme offers a clean design to its users.
- It has a responsive layout and contains homepage slider.
- This theme is a completely free and GPL licensed.
- It supports post formats.
- It contains theme options page.
To install this theme on your PC, you have to go through the following few steps mentioned below:
- At first, you have to download the zip file for the accelerate theme and save it.
- Visit Appearance>Themes present in the WordPress dashboard.
- Then click on the Add New
- Click on Upload
- Select the zip file and click on Install Now option.
For activation, it is very simple. Just go to Appearance>Themes in the WordPress menu and click on Activate option.
You will see all the pages as menus after completion of activation of the theme. If you want to select menus with the combination of links, pages and categories, then you have to set up the Custom menu as:
- Go to Appearance>Menus present in WordPress menu.
- Then click on Create a new menu
- Enter a name to your menu in Menu Name and click on Create Menu
- Then choose the links, pages and categories from the right side of your screen and click on Add Menu.
- After that, just click on Save Menu.
Home Page slider:
Free Accelerate theme supports homepage image slider. To use, you have to follow the steps as:
- Go to Appearance>Customize the dashboard.
- Then check on the Check to activate slider to use the slider.
- Then upload the image for the first slider and add the slider title, slider description and redirect link and repeat the same for other slides.
- Click on Save Changes.
Add custom logo:
- Go to Appearance>Customize>Header in the dashboard.
- Then upload the custom logo.
- Click on Show logo only to show the logo in the header.
- Lastly, click on Save Changes.
- In the dashboard, visit Appearance>Header.
- Click on Browse to add your image and click on Upload
- Crop the Image as per your choice (recommended width is 1100px).
- Then Click Save Changes.
Setup Blog Page:
- At first, go to Settings>Reading>Front Page displays>A static page.
- Now from Posts page, dropdown selects any page where you like to show blog post.
- Then, Click Save Changes.
- Now if you want further options then go to Appearance>Customize>Design>Posts page listing display type.
- Choose the Large featured image for the large image with content, choose the Small featured image for the medium image with content and Small featured image with alternating sides for the medium image in alternate ways.
- Now go to Appearance>Menu and select the blog page you choose in step 2.